Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Without Limits

Tonight's blog is brought to you by:

1. The movie Without Limits
2. The meal pasta & summer squash
3. A day with no running
4. A bad-ass new 'do

Tuesday's schedule called for rest and stretching, so here I am...resting and stretching. Well, I'll stretch in a little bit, but right now I'm resting and watching Without Limits. Isn't there another movie about Pre as well? Like that was made about the same time at this one? Interesting. Anyway, I like that it talks about finding meaning in running and thus in life as well.

Good soundtrack too. I've got three more nights of inspirational marathon movies to go! Still left to watch are Run Fat Boy Run and Chariots of Fire. Hopefully, I'll have received my copy of Spirit of the Marathon by Saturday so i can watch that on Saturday night. I don't think there could be a better way to fire myself up, do you?

Today, I also got me a bad-ass new hair colour. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the colour is like a magenta. Because I am from Planet Awesome. New hair is always good for running. Try it...



I'm also continuing to eat at least one meal comprised of pasta each day. Today's pasta dinner was pretty good and nice and light. I used organic, whole wheat linguine, a medley of yellow squash, zucchini, green and red peppers, and onions, garlic, and olive oil.

So, once again, you cook your favourite kind of pasta according to the instructions on the box.
After the pasta is cooking, you heat olive oil in the pan for a few minutes.
Next you add the cut up vegetables and saute them as the pasta cooks
When the pasta is done, drain it.
As it drains, finish off the vegetables and combine with pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy!

pasta + movie = Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm



So I still feel weird about tapering, especially because this week has turned out to be a hell of a lot busier than I thought it would be. Work blows. I have other obligations. I'm stressed about people and other such nonsense. But I'm just FULL of anxious energy too.

Alrighty...the debate is distracting me...must watch...blog later

6 comments:

Felice Devine said...

The new 'do looks very chic! Did you do full-on color or is the magenta from highlights?

Midwest said...

Totally cute hair. If you haven't already seen Spirit of the Marathon, you are going to love it.

Aron said...

sounds like a perfect night!!! wont be long and you will be able to burn up all that energy!

C said...

Ah pasta. I've been eating it every night too, but that's because it's all they serve here. ;)

Great new do!

Marcy said...

Didn't you just have yo hair did not that long ago?!? Very cute ;D

Frayed Laces said...

Yum--both the food and your hair!