Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Heat is No Good

I'm having a hard time writing this blog because I'm wrapped up in blankets.  Yes, my apartment is still without heat.  I've already called the landlord and there was some problem with getting the necessary parts, blah blah blah.  

So once again, it's difficult to get up and get motivated for a run at 5 AM when I don't have a warm place to come back to when I've finished.  I'm sniffling right now.  It's quite gross...aren't you glad I didn't post a picture?

Tonight was the first of our Wednesday night group runs for Winter Warriors.  It's always fun to see the group get together because you know it won't be this crowded for long.  Every one's all excited to start the run together and then as soon as the weather gets really bad, they stop showing up.  I'll admit, I've bailed on a few bad-weather runs.  But for the most part, I'm there for the *cough* long run.  I may be cursing the entire time, but I'm there.

Alright, I need to cover up my hands again, so this blog is done.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry you're stuck without heat! I get cold pretty easily and feel really bad for you :( Just keep the blankets on!

B. Kramer said...

Bummer.

I had the same problem last year ... sucked so hard.

I hope you get heat soon. That warm place to come home to is important.

Remember, whiskey has warming qualities.