Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Piece of Cake & Pint of Beer

So here I sit on the evening of my 26th birthday, typing away instead of going out and enjoying my 20's. I don't mind, in fact, I enjoy it like my Friday evening rituals. It's not as if I plan on not having any fun for my birthday at all. My parents are coming to Chicago this weekend and my aunt is coming in from India, so we're definitely going to be having a really good time this weekend. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes :)

You want to know what I did to celebrate?

Left-over cake and the winning beer!!!


The Jesus Pint Glass. For serious Catholics and serious Drinkers only! In all honesty, I do think Jesus would approve

This morning I had an excellent, albeit windy-as-hell run. The wind just would not let up from start to finish! And yet I was surprised to find myself almost easily maintaining a 10:00 pace! Very exciting, yes, but I'm trying not to get ahead of myself just yet. I haven't finished a complete week back at training yet and I'm still unsure as to how I'm going to plan in the marathon training. This will obviously mean that I'll be doing a portion of my long runs by myself, and probably in the snow as well. But I'll talk to the coaches about that one and see if they can give me some adjustments.

Well, I'm exhausted so I'm finishing my winning beer and heading to bed. Deuces.

5 comments:

C said...

Mmmm...cake.

Lindy said...

Happy Birthday!

Frayed Laces said...

Ah, as a pretty devout Catholic I must say Jesus most definitely would approve!

Happy b day chicka.

Lou said...

Happy Birthday! I thought all serious Catholics were serious drinkers?

Nitmos said...

Happy B-day. Mmmmm,beer. Looks like you got everything you could have wanted. Except more beer.