I was too tired to run this morning, so my Friday morning run has become my Friday evening run. It's all good right now, whilst I'm only doing one workout per day, but once I bump it up to two-per-day, I'll need to be a bit more vigilant about getting those runs in.
Which means I'll also need to be more vigilant about my bedtime. It's tough being a grown-up.
So Wednesday night's run was extremely awesome and I think the food I ate before I left to run with the group is what did it. Normally, whether I run in the evenings or in the morning, I don't really eat before the run. Saturday long runs are the exception, because, well, they're long runs.
We don't meet until 6:30 PM Wednesday nights, so I have enough time to go home, change clothes, putz, and then leave again. However, I've been trying to eat some food in the meantime, given that I do have time to kill. On Wednesday, after I had changed, I ate a banana with some orange juice and then had half a bagel with some peanut butter. The combination proved to be magical as I ran sub 9:30's for five miles. Maybe I should delay most of my evening runs until after I can digest some food?
Tonight I won't be doing that because I plan on having a large pasta dinner. See what happens when you screw with your running schedule? SEE? I should have gotten up this morning, but I didn't even make it to the sitting upright position. I reset my alarm for another 1.5 hours. My brain thanks me for that right now. I also justified it by telling myself that I'd be up even earlier on Saturday and needed the rest tonight. See how easy that was?
4 comments:
Yay for a great run! Pre-run food makes such a big difference. And don't beat yourself up about getting some extra sleep...looks like your body really need it.
Have a great weekend (hope the pasta dinner is delicious).
sometimes you just need the extra sleep! you will get everything else in still :) have a great weekend!
I love a big pasta dinner. Complete with the bread and oil dip, of course.
~carpeviam
Evening runs are almost as good as morning runs if your "only" doing one a day. cool blog
Post a Comment