Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Day the Music Died

I'm still mourning the loss of Roisin Dubh, but am trying to get used to the new guy, so-named Le Petit iPod. He's so darn small! I feel like I'm going to lose him or something. In pocket, of all places.

And really, this means I'm mourning the loss of my money as well. This was supposed to be a better month! Ah well...I think I'll be able to recover half-way through and have enough saved so I can get ready for Marathon training in mid-May. That sounds soon...and I have logistical issues (not related to money!) to workout before I can sign up for CES.

I woke up this morning and was so tired I couldn't stand up straight. I literally kept falling into the walls of my room. Not sure what that's all about, but I decided to nix the morning run in favour of an evening run instead. I briefly considered doing it on the treadmill at the gym, but then remembered that I hate the gym, hate treadmills, and didn't get to see Runner Boy yesterday evening either. So I'll be running at home tonight, and I'm cool with that. It'll be Le Petit iPod's debut on the Path. We'll see how he handles it.

It's hard to believe that the Palos Heights Half-Marathon is two months away. I think I'm doing alright training on my own. Everything has been consistent, aside from the injury, and the mileage hasn't been too high. I'm feeling anxious still, just because I'm flying solo here. The next race on the menu is the infamous Shamrock Shuffle!

***EDIT*** Have any of you received the April issue of Runner's World yet? I finally got the March issue that I had to call in about, and haven't gotten April yet, so I am concerned.

3 comments:

Nitmos said...

I haven't gotten my RW either.

Seriously, if D.B. is speaking in a locale near you, you should go. A guaranteed entertaining talk. I'll leave it up to you on the face punching.

Felice Devine said...

Good luck with the LPi!

B. Kramer said...

I just got my RW yesterday.

Good luck not losing your music.