Friday, March 13, 2009

Tennis Ball of Delight



I'm glad everyone so highly regards my skills as an artist! I'm sure you're shocked to learn that my picture of Runner Boy took me the whole of 15 minutes to do. What can I say? When I focus, I focus ;)

I had a good run this morning, and since I don't have to do my long run until Sunday, I was able to get a little bit of speed work in as well. Today felt a bit colder than yesterday, and there was still ice on the ground, so I was once again bundled up from head to toe. I'm not complaining though, because I know that eventually I will be bitching about how hot and humid it is in Chicago. And let's be honest, I look soooooo much better in my Winter running ensembles. There were a lot of runners out this morning, and even a few walkers. I don't know if I'd be into walking during the weather. If I'm outside, I want to be running because within five to ten minutes, I'm feeling warm again! And while we have more daylight at the end of the day now, the mornings are still a bit dark. Beautiful, but dark. Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera with me, but if you're really lucky, I might go for a walk tomorrow and take some photos of my route in the daylight.

So the bottom of my Right foot feels a bit tight. Methinks this is somehow related to my Right ankle/heel feeling kind of messed up too. My only recourse, therefore, is tennis ball therapy. If you haven't tried it, I recommend it! You can pretty much use it anywhere on your body, although I've only ever used it on my feet and calf muscles. I learned how to do it in dance classes at KSU. It's a bit like a massage you do yourself. And most people have random sporting goods lying around, so look for a tennis ball! You put your foot on the ball and gently put weight on it, rolling the ball from the ball of your foot to the heel, and then from side to side.

I'm doing it right now! Don't tell my coworkers...but honestly, they can probably smell my feet.

It's portable, it's cheap, it's effective...it's a tennis ball!

5 comments:

I Run for Fun said...

You have great potential, my friend.

Tennis ball therapy...I should try that. Hope you have a nice run tomorrow.

Marcy said...

Ohhhh I love my tennis balls! Too bad the kids always steal them from me LOL

Aron said...

i love tennis balls too!! my dogs always want them :)

C said...

Nifty trick. I'll have to try this!

Felice Devine said...

I'm on tennis balls all the time. Love 'em!