Friday, March 6, 2009

Success! And...WTF, Legs?!?!

No sooner did I threaten the Runner's World gods with my pouting and whining, did my April issue appear, and so did my free one-year subscription to Chicago Athlete as well! Excelsior!

This heel thing is nagging me big time. My heel is puffy. Noticeably so, in fact. And as soon as I opened up my Chicago Athlete, I spotted an article on injuries. One of those listed was having to do with your Achilles tendon. The last thing the article mentioned concerning the degrees of severity for this injury was "surgery and substantial down time".

*Gulp*

It can't be. I mean, I'm not the best stretcher and whatever, but I always stretch my calves. It's a habit from dancing. And my calves, while uneven, are pretty strong. Once again, the odd thing here is that once I start running, it doesn't hurt as much. The pain is annoying when I'm doing anything else involving wearing shoes though. Mreh.

And on that note, what is up with my runs these days? I had another shitty run this morning. My head was clear and I wanted to run, but my body felt like it was so much work. My legs were so heavy. My shoulders and arms hurt. I felt too hot. I wonder if I'm not eating enough or fueling properly. Usually my morning runs are done sans food stuffs, just because it's hard to wake up early enough to eat something, let it digest, and get a good run in before I have to get ready for work. But then again, I had a crappy run on Wednesday evening when I had been eating all day. So, maybe I need more and better food stuffs to consume. Decisions, decisions...

I hope the weather holds for the weekend. It's PERFECT running weather right now...low 50's out!!! I have a 10 miler on the books for Sunday, so keep your fingers crossed.

4 comments:

RBR said...

Yeah, I get in those ruts sometimes where my legs just feel like crap and every run sucks. It always seems to get better though. I hope you had a better run this weekend.

Aron said...

hope you legs felt better and the weather stayed nice!!

Marcy said...

What in tha?! How come my RW didn't show up yet? Those POS'!

Felice Devine said...

Oh, no. I hope it is nothing serious! I'm sending good legs vibes your way!