Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More Tales from the Gym

I think Xenia's right...I need to get a plastic bubble for myself. I mean the real question is, can I get one in this size:


It would certainly feed the misanthrope in me. I'm not sure if the world is ready for me to be more snarky. I guess if I was in a bubble, they wouldn't really have to worry about that, now would they?


Back to reality...I did hill work on the treadmill, at the gym last night in order to avoid yet ANOTHER storm. It was a good idea. The thought of tromping through the field at Montrose to try and do hill work in the mud was less than appealing, especially since my shoes were finally dry again.

So, I hopped on a 'mill and pushed the button for "Hill", expecting the worst. Seriously, even five minutes on a treadmill is torture for me. I'm pretty sure they're illegal...gotta be somewhere in the Geneva Convention, right? It turned out to be not so horrible after all. I won't say that I enjoyed it, but I didn't keep checking the time every 0.3 miles. And my shoes stayed dry!

OMG RUNNER BOY WAS WEARING A NEW SHIRT!!!!!! Sorry about that, but all-caps was necessary. You understand. He was wearing a blue shirt! I smiled this time, but I don't think he saw me. Maybe he will next time? When I was doing Shoulder Presses last night, Chest Press Guy approached me and asked if he could work in with me. I managed a "mmksurenoprob" before focusing on my sneakers. I managed to gather my social skillz together enough to say "I'm finished, it's all yours" after my last set.

This is also the last month of my gym membership as well. It's a little sad, but definitely not something I can afford right now. Luckily there are enough cross-training things I can do at home where my body isn't going to completely go to shit over the loss of Free Motion machines. It might miss having the use of non-running cardio equipment. Ah well, 21 more days it is...

4 comments:

Felice Devine said...

Ba ha ha! I'm envisioning you in a huge plastic bubble. Very nice...

I Run for Fun said...

Ha...the bubble would work for me, too.

Treadmills have unfortunately become a necessary evil.

Look at the bright side...at least you won't have to see Chest Press guy anymore!

C said...

I like your bubble choice.

Your mission which you have to accept is to sneakily take a photo of Runner Boy. Seriously. If you won't strike up a conversation with him then at least satisfy my curiosity about what he looks like. :)

Marcy said...

Awwwhhh girl you still haven't had a chat with him?! Dang!