Friday, March 27, 2009

TGIF Mofo's

Last night's trip to the gym yielded absolutely nothing in terms of Runner Boy sightings. Sorry. I really do think that perhaps he was rehabbing an injury just like me. But I do doubt that I'll see him at the Shuffle this weekend. There'll be just too many people around. I was finally able to get my ab routine in though, so I'll count this trip as a triumph. For the past week, I haven't been able to even get onto the mat where you can do ab work, there were so many people.



Oh yes. Quite a few of them were just sitting on the mat. Not stretching. Not doing ab work. Not doing any work. Just sitting there. L-A-M-E.


There was one bright spot. Stalker lady was there! And sure enough, she followed me to the mat and stared at me the entire time I was working out. She threw in a little workout of her own here and there. But mostly, she stared at me. It was super duper creepy. But comforting in a ways. I know that stalker lady will always be there for me. Watching my every move.

*Shudder*

This morning I got in a nice, short easy-paced run. I ran the first half at a 10:30 pace and then bumped the second half up to a 9:50 pace and threw in some strides at the end. It felt really good. And I was glad to get in something that felt solid. I'm supposed to run an 11 miler tomorrow, but owing to the fact that I have to go to Navy Pier for packet pick-up (yes, this is only an 8K, and yes, there is an expo for some reason) and get to church and run a race on Sunday, I'm opting for a short 6 miler. I think I've got a 12 miler on the books for next weekend anyway.

So, I'll try to post pictures tomorrow of my outing to the expo and any fun that may ensue, and I plan on taking pictures at the Shuffle too.

4 comments:

Felice Devine said...

Nice job on the run! It's great to feel solid when you're out there.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your race! Maybe you'll spot some other eye candy. ;)

C said...

Good luck!

I Run for Fun said...

Nice run!

Waiting to hear about the race.
Hope you get pics of RunnerBoy. I'm dying to see the real thing!