Where was I? Oh riiiiiiiiiiight...exercise equipment. Maybe this has been around for a while and I just haven't been to a gym in years, but the personal trainer advised me to use something called the Precor AMT, which is a cross between an elliptical and a step machine. Apparently, it allows you to customize your range of motion (as opposed to an elliptical or step machine, where the range of motion is set), as well as take more pressure off of your knees, thereby lowering impact as well.


I decided to try it this morning, since the gym was virtually empty. Definitely got a good workout in, but without my feet starting to go numb like they do in an elliptical, or the jarring feeling you get on a step machine. I'd say that I'd recommend this to anyone who is looking for something a little different at the old gym. Just prepared...you will look like an idiot for the first five minutes or so.

I'm just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment