Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008: Running, Kerfuffling, Acting

Right about now, I usually tend to become a little nostalgic and maybe even a little regretful about the year that is just about to fade into the past. I think about things that I didn't do and mistakes that I made. 2008 happens to be exceptionally mistake-laden for me.

Running, I have discovered, partially negates my first concern about years passing by me. Running is something very tangible, where I am able to measure what I did.

I ran 941 miles
I completed 1 8K
I completed 3 5K's
I completed 2 10K's
I completed 3 half marathons
I completed 1 full marathon
I improved my pace by nearly a full minute per mile

Now that running is a permanent fixture in my life, I don't anticipate having many more years left looking back and thinking, "I did nothing...where did the time go?" I have something measurable, and I think that's important for me anyway.

You might ask what Kerfuffling is. I can tell you that I made my fair share of mistakes this year (usually, but not exclusively, involving men and a lot of booze). I'm putting the past year's kerfuffles behind me and hoping to make slightly less of them in 2009. Slightly, I said.



Acting...well...I was in a show. And I made some rather significant breakthroughs with what I am able to do and the places I'm able to go, emotionally. I feel like we're at a bit of a stand-off, if you will, and not the Mexican kind. I guess it's more of a moment of truth kind of deal. I suppose I feel pulled in a different direction, and the stubborn part of me doesn't want to give it up and prove people right, but the logical part of me just wants me to let "it" go and just be happy. Right now, I'm trying to reason out how to do both. We'll see in the coming months what happens, of course.



As for 2009...well my horoscope says this evening should be good anyway! I'm going to try and start the New Year off on the right foot, so to speak, by not getting completely hammered this evening, getting up in the AM to go to the gym (like when it opens at 8 AM...not 5AM...), and finally going to church.

So I hope you all have a lovely NYE and I'll blog you next year :)

5 comments:

Felice Devine said...

What would life be without a few kerfuffles? ;-)

Nice job on all the 2008 running! Happy new year!

Aron said...

awesome job on the 2008 running!!! happy new year :)

Marcy said...

Fabulous 2008 my dear!! Very nice ;-)

RBR said...

Happy New Year!

Well, you know that they say, 'the kerfuffles that do not kill you make you stronger' ;o)

Awesome mileage! Great job on 2008! I can't wait to see what 2009 holds for you!

Angela said...

I'm impressed by your progress. May 2009 rock your socks.