Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Still Full After All These Days

Thanksgiving is over, and I still feel maxed out on booze, food, and antibiotics. I must have picked up a pound or two because the jeans feel a little tighter than they did prior to my gluttonous rampage. I am attempting to get back to my normal, mostly-healthy eating habits as soon as possible.

That way, when I get to Cleveland for Christmas, I can toss them all out the window as I consume any and every cookie that my mother sees fit to bake.

On to more important things. Like running! As I mentioned previously, my double workouts will have to take a back seat until I'm done with rehearsal. I can hopefully squeeze in doubles on Thursdays since we don't have rehearsal on said days. I was very happy with how well Monday's run went, considering the weather was less than agreeable. It'll be that way for the next, ohhhhh I don't know, four months. I haven't officially signed up for the Cleveland Marathon yet, but I am planning on doing it. I just have to wait until January because I am broke at the moment and most likely will be until after January's rent is paid. I don't like feeling financially helpless, but for the moment all fun activities will have to cease unless someone else is paying. And I kinda hate that. This could be a good thing though. If I can't allot funds for alcohol, I can't go out and make terrible mistakes (yes I am still kicking myself for last month's egregious error in judgment). I also avoid seeing people that I don't like and can instead make healthy meals for myself and watch French films. Or The Ultimate Fighter. No, I don't know why...don't judge me!

Marcy has inspired me to set a running goal for myself for next year: 1,000 miles! I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 900+ miles right now, so I think it'll be doable, especially since I have two marathons planned for the 2010. I know I won't make 1,000 by the end of this year, with rehearsals and scant workouts planned, but I'd like to take a shot at it for next year. It might actually be a resolution worth keeping!

6 comments:

B. Kramer said...

Maxed out on booze? Nonsense!

Good luck keeping up with the running in this cold.

1,000 miles is tough, but doable. If I could go back, i would run more in those first three months than I did.

Nitmos said...

UFC has a twisted, deranged quality that is missing from too many French films. Oh, also missing? Snapped tibias. Intoxicating.

1000 is a worthy goal. Good luck!

Marcy said...

The one or 2 pounds is from the extra salt (that's what I always tell myself LOL)

Good luck with the 1,000!! Better you than me :P

runner26 said...

Great goal! And I hear you on the weather. But I always loved running in the Chicago winters. I miss them (sort of) but know that you are extra tough when you run outside all winter ;)

Aron said...

that is an awesome goal!!

yummmm i cannot wait for christmas cookies... i think i will be baking them on monday when i am off work after the race :)

Laura said...

I've been starting to think about resolutions and New Year's goals too, and 1000 miles was in my mind. We can cheer each other on :)