Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No, Bartender...I don't want another!

This shit's too funny NOT to talk about, and since I did promise Man-Drama, here it is! SSB (Short, Sketchy Bartender) has waltzed back into my life after a 24 hour absence. I can't say that I missed him, but he is currently providing me with more than enough amusement to last through the winter season. I will spare you the rather...graphic details.

Round trip L ride on a Sunday to see your friends: $2.50

Drink at McFadden's in the Gold Coast: $40

Getting obscene texts/notes from the midge-ish bartender: PRICELESS

I mean really?!?!?! Maybe I just don't get hit on that much, but I'm a little shocked at any man would think that the kind of things SSB is saying would be at all appealing to a woman. Or perhaps, it is appealing to the bachelorette/drunk skank crowd that usually frequents that bar.

Anyway, I have easy excuses for never seeing SSB again. As far as HE is concerned, I have rehearsal every night of the week (partially true) and then go straight to bed (mostly true). And if I'm not rehearsing, I told him that I'm running...for very long periods of time. I'm taking this opportunity to turn a lie into reality by doing just that! Genius, I know.

Speaking of running...due to the shitty weather, I might just be running from my apartment this evening. Rehearsal was cancelled, and most of the ladies will be not present this evening. Then its on to The Ultimate Fighter!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Ewwwwhhhhhhh. You made the right choice. He needed to be scratched out.

B. Kramer said...

I am constantly amazed at the stories I hear about pick-up lines. Creeptastic.

Glad you had an out.