Monday, December 22, 2008

Gym Rat: Part I

Well, I did it...I joined a gym in Boystown. I have worked out there twice so far and don't hate it. I know that's not a ringing endorsement, but for me that's about as good as it gets. Gyms and gym memberships just make me nervous, especially because I'm broke. FFC isn't as obnoxious as Bally's, in that you can actually cancel without nasty things happening to your credit score, but I'm still wary. In order to prevent being charged for another month of membership (since I'm doing the month-to-month thing), I need to call one specific person to cancel by the 15th of the month prior, or else I'll be billed for the next month.

All in all, the total came to $268, which includes the following:
~The remainder of December, plus January for free
~The initiation dues
~February

The nice guy trying to sell me shit also gave me a $50 club gift card, which I can use on anything except membership dues (yes, I did ask). I think I might get a smoothie. Or 12. He also gave me two free tickets to a Comedy Sportz show, which is awesome. So...I think all of this sounds like a decent deal, yes? Please agree with me because I suffer from Buyer's Remorse.

My foot is feeling much better, but still aches a bit after I workout or walk around on it for any length of time. I think I'm going to end up having to see a podiatrist about this one, just to be on the safe side. For now, since the weather is in the negative digits with wind chill, I'm going to stay inside the gym. Hopefully, I can start running again outside when Spring Training with CES picks up in February.

Here's a photo of happier times:

3 comments:

Frayed Laces said...

Oh my gosh you are one brave girl. Keep us posted how it goes at the gun show.

Nitmos said...

I would think that working out at a gym - particularly with this nasty winter - is a pretty good idea.

Happy Holidays!

Aron said...

sounds like you got a good deal and are making the best of the yucky weather... hang in there it will be spring again soon!!