Thursday, December 4, 2008

TIART: Running Dreams!

Today's Take it and Run Thursday topic is running dreams and wishes. I don't really know how to distinguish this from my running goals, but here I go anyway.

1. Qualify for Boston. Yes I know, this is a big one and may well only be a dream and a prayer, but I think it would be so cool to qualify and run the Boston Marathon just once. It wasn't all that long ago when the idea that I might qualify for the Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne was a far fetched idea. You see, you'd have to recall first (be in the top half of your competition) and from there place in the top 10%. Depending upon the number of people in your age group this could be over 20 people, or it could be as few as three. My senior year in high school, on a stress fracture, I managed to place seventh, and seven qualified to go, so yeah, I finally made it. I never got to go in the end because we didn't have enough money to send me to Ireland, but I'm still proud of the fact that it happened once. I imagine I'd feel the same way for Boston.

2. Free stuff. I love free stuff, and since running apparel is so gosh darn expensive, I'd love free running stuff. As it stands right now, I cannot shop for anything until after December 19th because I've got rent, utilities, credit card bill, and a rather large bill from Northwestern for a doctor's appointment. And I could really use a few new pairs of running tights. Right now, actually.

3. Perfect weather on race day. I do know that my idea of perfect racing weather is not the same as everyone else's, but still...somewhere in the mid 50's would be AMAZING.

So that's it for now...must get back to making myself look busy. Today, that's an easy thing to do!

6 comments:

Marlene said...

I too dream of running Boston one day... I figure I might stand a chance in my 60's. LOL!

Free stuff would be nice too!

Aron said...

i have all those dreams too!! looks like #3 might be coming true for me on sunday (fingers crossed!)

Marci said...

Great dreams, and may they all come true for you!

Erik said...

Great dreams. Good luck with those, especially that weather one.

E

Felice Devine said...

I dream of #1, too, and now I will certainly be dreaming of #2! Yeah, free stuff. That would be cool.

Marcy said...

Nice dreams

#3 for sure!!