Today I had the first of two complimentary meeting with a personal trainer at FFC Halsted. While I ended up not falling into the "Superior" category, I did end up in the "Excellent" category! That's a win for me, if you haven't noticed. We couldn't do a treadmill test because of my busted foot, so we did a step test instead. I figured I'd be okay with the cardio and any strength tests involving my legs. I was a bit worried about my arms. Especially when the trainer set the weight in scary double digits...like 60 pounds. But hey, I triumphed in the end and now have a workout routine to follow during my brief tenure at FFC Halsted. It is worth noting the the trainer they set me up with is the leader of the club's marathon training program. I felt pretty good with her overall. I see her again on Wednesday for the second free session, where we'll get to play around with the machines. Oooooooo!
I did, however, gain another two pounds. This would be a direct result of my cookies-for-breakfast/lunch diet over the past week. I blame my mother's baked goods for this one. And, perhaps, the easy access to Merlot. The plan is to have a pretty healthy New Year's Day meal(s) to get 2009 off to the right start. New Year's Eve is another story. I was hoping to stay in and hang with my mom and aunt, but since my sister is in town and wants to go out, we are...well, going out. For the record, I hate New Year's Eve events. It's such a loaded holiday! I swear, if this party is a mostly-couples affair, I am going straight home, with my booze and sister in tow, and watching movies. I don't call that lame, I call that awesomeness.
Since this is another short work week, I'll try and post again the 2008 wrap-up and my plans for 2009 running-wise. I hope you have all had a rather enjoyable holiday!
3 comments:
I hear you on the weight gain. Seems that the pounds are adding up faster than the miles these days. But the booze and treats taste too good ...
Congrats on the "excellent" rating! I think I'd fall into "poor" or something if I got tested... I'm working on it!
Excellent fitness -- way to go!
I totally understand the over-indulging in baked goods lately. There have been so many around here, too. I can't help myself!
Post a Comment