I was able to get in two good workouts today, I'm happy to report. My first workout was once again the NYC Ballet Workout. I just felt like I needed to stretch and lengthen muscles today. I love this workout for that reason alone, that you are stretching your muscles as you are strengthening them.
Plus I'd forgotten how much flexibility I'd lost since I'd stopped actively dancing. It's funny how it takes you so long to achieve that flexibility and only a short amount of time to lose it! So...yeah. Ballet is good for you, just don't get into Pointe.
My second workout was....wait for it.....HILL WORK! Yay! It was such a beautiful day that I simply had to get out there for a run. I ran South to the Totem Pole, and then back North to Cricket Hill (and now you all know what I'm talking about, thanks to TIART). I did about 20 minutes on the hill and then ran back to the apartment. Once again, I felt like I had a workout but wasn't totally shot and done.
I really hope the weather stays this way for a while. I do believe, if I'm not mistaken, that I could run a marathon in this weather. But of course, life in the Midwest always provides with interesting weather.
*cough*2007 Chicago Marathon*cough*
Ah well, there's not too much use in stressing about the weather, since I really can't control it. It sure would be SWEET if I could! Speaking of weather, this is a particularly strange time of year for Midwestern weather, and I have a race on Sunday. The Chicago Half-Marathon starts this weekend, and will actually be run in an area that I'm not too familiar with: Jackson park. It's a little weird having a half marathon right in the middle of your big miles. We're not tapering this week, but we're also not doing hard-core workouts out (although, after tomorrow night's tempo run, who knows?).
Well I'm going to head to bed early tonight in the hopes that I'll be able to stay awake at work tomorrow!
1 comment:
Hill work and then a "YAY" as the next word after it? Are you nuts? :P No amount of good weather could do that for me HAHAHA
Post a Comment