Thursday, September 18, 2008

TIART - Running Blogs Galore!!!

This week's installment of Take It and Run Thursday is all about running blogs. I find this very exciting for a few reasons:

1. I love to read.

2. I like to blog.

3. I like to run.

4. I like to read the blogs of others who run.

My list of blogs that I pretty much check every day (whether I comment or not!) has gotten progressively larger since I'd decided to make more of an effort to write about my runs (with a lil theatre and man drama too) and what they mean to me. I'm not going to talk about all of the running blogs that I enjoy. Mostly because I'd actually like to use my lunch hour to eat. But I will mention a few, so don't feel left out, please!

I'd have to start with the blog that started it all, A View from the Park. This is a blog by a colleague and friend that I met when I first decided to try distance running. Her blog is so full of wit and good reading, that I wish she posted everyday!!! I seriously think she should consider a career as a writer.

Next, I love love LOVE Absolut(ly) Fit's blog. We're about the same age, and I've got a lot of friends in Chicago who run and work in the same industry that she does, so it's kind of a neat connection. It's fun to read about life in another big city and the pursuit of 50 marathons in the 50 states. Damn!

I'm sure you're reading his blog already, but I have to mention fellow Kent State alum, The Booze Hounds Inc. Running Team. Also well-written and full of my kind of humor. The sarcastic, caustic kind. And I say that with love. And, well, it's hard to find people out there who appreciate good whiskey like I do. And I'll drink to that!

You're also probably reading I Signed Up for This?!? based on the number of comments in her blog each day. Her blog is hysterical, it's true, but I also find it cool because she's a young mom! Just like another three of my favourite blogs: The Happy Runner, Run Mommy Run, and Coffee Betsy. These amazing ladies not only run, but work AND manage families! Incredible! Not that I intend ever to have children, but if God saw fit to bring a child my way, I have hope that I'd be able to keep running and become a better runner anyway.

I must also give a mention to Diggin' It, because she pretty much has a sweet life. How cool would it be to be studying archeology in London and in Rome?!?!?! Bad ass, I must say. London is one of my favourite cities, but I'd never really been a runner in it before. So the next time I'm there visiting family (I've got a lot in that city), I want to be able to run it, too. Plus, she recognized the picture on my header :)

Finally, I must give a shout-out to Feet Meet Street and Frayed Laces. Feet Meet Street is also full of my kind of humor. And on top of being super fast, he's a dad! Go, Dad runners of the world, go! Frayed Laces lives in the state I was born in, Hawaii, which is another place I'd love to run. The Honolulu Marathon is on my to-do list for sure. She's also living the cool grad student dream. There are days when I muse about potentially going to my parents' Alma mater, Chaminade University, just so I could move back to Hawaii.

So there you have it, some of my favourite running blogs. I hope to discover new ones all the time. And once again, I'm sorry if I couldn't mention all of them in depth (like Run Bitch Run's blog...so inspiring and she's definitely a total running/triathlon bad ass). But go read them! Enjoy, laugh, be inspired, and stand in awe :)

5 comments:

Midwest said...

Hey, thanks! I like your blog, too. And if you ever change your mind and decide to be a mom, just remember that you can (and should) keep running!

Felice Devine said...

Hear, hear. Betsy is right on the mom + running front.

Thanks for the link and the kind words! Running blogs are grrrrreat! There are several on your list that I haven't checked out yet and will be sure to do so.

Lou said...

Thanks for the shout out! I've admittedly been a bad blogger lately. I need to do better. :(

Marcy said...

Thanks for the shout out chica! I'm def going to have to check out Run Bitch Run because I *heart* the name LOL

C said...

I don't think I've ever been called badass before.

I love you for that. :)

Thanks for the shout out.