
I'm only four days into my taper and I already dislike it. It's not that I don't believe it will work, or have doubts about my training. I just don't like it. Like I said a few posts ago, I'm still doing the double work outs for this week, and then will cut it back to one workout per day for the last two weeks.
Still don't dig it, though.
And my right instep is still a bit sore. Boo.
So last night I watched Run, Fatboy, Run. Ummmmm...hilarious! I encourage you to rent it and watch it before your race. I don't want to give too much of it away, but here's a list of the shit that I found amusing:
1. Why would anyone run a marathon?
2. Waking up 1 hour before the start of your race.
3. New shoes!
4. One word: BLISTER
5. Running apparel, particularly that of...jean shorts.
6. Chafing.
7. The Wall!
And so much more...so I do have to tell you about one part. Simon Pegg's character Denis obviously hit "the wall" at one point in the race. It is a real wall and he's all dazed and shit at this point. Well he's looking at the brick wall in front of him, and you hear a brick being moved. Denis looks through and sees himself on the other side of the wall, beckoning him to come through. So Denis tries breaking through the wall, and each time he rams into it, memories of not being able to complete anything in his life surface. I think you can guess what happens next. It was pretty cool.
So I enjoyed the movie a lot. It pokes fun at running and marathons, whilst honoring it at the same time. The tag line on the DVD kind of said it all: Rocky by way of There's Something about Mary. The soundtrack also has a couple of good tracks you might want to add to your running playlist. I suggest:
1. The Fratellis Chelsea Dagger
2. Girls Aloud Some Kinda Ooooh
3. David Bowie Queen Bitch

And in related news, I've had no new sightings of Vince Vaughn today. Alas.
4 comments:
i wasn't a big fan of tapering either... it really does work but ehh i just hated all the waiting :)
i cant wait to see that movie! i might have to go rent it tonight :)
I still have yet to see this movie *sigh* I'll have to see if/when it's on Movies On Demand.
Oh my gosh! I can't wait to go rent that movie! I forgot it was released a few days ago!
I've heard it's good! Now you've made me want to go even more!!
Post a Comment