Maybe this isn't a big deal for many of you faster people out there, but I felt like tonight I hit a turning point of sorts. I maintained a 9:30 pace for nearly five miles. FIVE miles man! I've hit 9:30 before, but have only been able to keep it going for maybe three miles. This was big for me, really. When I finished, I kinda knew that eventually, I really would be able to maintain that pace for a half-marathon, and then maybe a marathon. I know, I know...these things are a long way away, but they seem so much more possible now! Much more so than ever before, and that's really exciting. So yeah, I'll keep working at it...my journey moves on.
After I was done running, I definitely felt like it was time for a good meal. Because of my general lack of funding at the moment, I usually try to cook enough food so I have two portions total; one for dinner and one for lunch the next day. So I attempted to cook my basmati rice again. Last week, I think I left the heat on too high and burnt the whole batch. It was devastating. Mostly because I had to eat crunchy rice the next day. AND this basmati shit is expensive. Word. Anyway...I was going to make rice, broccoli, and chicken, with garlic, pepper, and a little bit of feta cheese. It was yummy and I had just enough to satisfy me and fill me up, but didn't eat the whole damn thing. Huzzah for leftovers!
Well, gosh, after that I felt like a million bucks! So I decided, it was time to have a beer. Yes, it was light beer, but that was only because that's all we've got in the apartment right now!

Isn't he cute with his little poncho and all
5 comments:
Great job on the run! If I could maintain 9:30 for one mile I'd be happy.
And I love the beer poncho. :)
OK, that poncho is TOO MUCH!!! Ha!
Good job on the tempo run. You'll be holding that pace for the marathon in no time. Maybe even the next one???
ROFLMAO! I'm diggin the poncho. Very cute!
AWESOME AWESOME job on the run chica! Very nice!
Holy crap! I am impressed... AND jealous ;). Way to go!
One more thing. Invest in a rice cooker. $15 and you'll never effe up rice again.
Post a Comment