Thursday, September 4, 2008

TIART -- Picture this Run

Here's my contribution to Take it and Run Thursday's feature, My Favourite Run in Pictures! This was pretty exciting for me because I love running in Chicago. I'm about to head out for a rather water-logged run as we speak, so I'll try and make this brief.

Here are some pictures from a typical, weekday morning run on the Lakefront Path:


This is what 5 AM runs look like


Yep, still dark out. This is Cricket Hill, which is basically the only hill in the city of Chicago. Obviously, I do some hill work here. It works better when you can see what's in front of you though


Just south of Montrose Drive. I'm not sure how entirely accurate the mileage markers are, but they are nice to have when you don't have/want technology on your run


Creepy Clock Tower...I don't know, but I always use it as a landmark. Plus, it just looks so darn creepy!


The other, other LSD...Lakeshore Drive, just South of Irving Park. I love the architecture along the drive, and often have to remind myself to pay attention to what's in front of me, rather than the beautiful buildings that I could never afford to reside in


The Totem Pole! This is one of the weirdest things you'll see on the Path. I pass this pretty much every morning and you can often find people meeting/gathering/loitering/sleeping by it


Belmont Harbour always inspires me to start running faster. Mostly because of the fish smell during the Spring and Summer months. This is also a really crowded part of the Path, with runners, cyclists, rollerbladers, pet-walkers, tourists, and obnoxious children


Lincoln Park is a nice break from the main Path because it gives you shade and some nice scenery. I love it when we're there, especially during long runs because it feels like we're taking a break


Ahhhhh my street...if you walk another two blocks South, you'll arrive at Wrigley Field! It's a great neighborhood to be a young runner in these days. Just watch out for frat boys


Back at my doorstep, and not a moment too soon!


And after a nice run, I'm done! Yes, I know I look AMAZING right about now.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Very nice! You're right that clock tower does look creepy. Like some mf-ing vampires are going to come out of it or something LOL

Felice Devine said...

Leave it to Marcy to bring vampires into the run! Ha!

That seems like a great route :-)

kara said...

What an interesting run. Thanks for sharing. Love that AM night pic.

similarglasses said...

Are there a lot of people on the pathway that early? I've always been nervous about going out on my own before 6am, but if you feel comfortable than I may try it...