
L'église catholique
I sat in church on Sunday at St. Mary of the Lake for a while thinking about my car. Hopefully, the Almighty will see fit to prevent this from happening ever again. I learned a lesson or two, I think. Church was nice on Sunday, not that I think it's ever not nice, but sometimes I get so caught up in what's happening in my life and the lives of my friends and family, that I completely leave the moment. Mass becomes a chore and something that I do out of habit, which it never should be. I made a concerted effort to remain in this one moment, and found it to be a good way to become completely engaged in the Mass.
Okay, okay...so there were cute guys too. What? It's totally fine for me to check out the men. Especially when my church seems to have so many of them. I will have to go to one of the Young Adult meetings at some point, because SMOL seems to have quite a few people in their 20's and 30's there. Interesting.
Cutback Weeks that include big races
Today I had a nice 50 minute progression run. Joanie Garmin clocked me at a sub 10:00 pace by the end, which worked out perfectly. I felt like I'd had a hard work out, but was not completely broken by the run. It's hard to believe that a few months ago, when I'd get up to run at 5 AM, it'd be light outside. Now, the sun doesn't start to rise usually until I'm on my way back. Harder still to believe that eventually, it'll be completely dark for the duration of my morning runs. Then the Path will once again be occupied only by ME.
Le théâtre de l'absurd
I will not be doing a double today because I've got a Blackbird Theatre Company meeting this evening. I'm excited to say that, while we still have to decide on a 4th show, I will be understudying for Into the Pool. I actually love understudy work because I think I'm suited to it. Wouldn't it be neat if you could be a professional understudy? I mean...maybe that's a little sad, but there might be a market for it. Dedicated, hard-working individuals who know they might never make it onto the stage, but are willing to do the work anyway. A bit nihilistic, maybe, but worthwhile none the less! Anyway, I'll be understudying for a short time, mainly because the actress who has the part will be out of town for two weeks during the rehearsal process. Seeing as how I'll probably be at many of the production dates anyway (house managing and the like), this works out well.
Of course, I'm so tired that I may not even be able to keep my eyes open at the meeting, but we shall see. I'm more or less eager to get to bed tonight, that's it.
And now, back to my Fuji Apple.
7 comments:
Ooohhhh girl you don't even want to know what I'd do with some hot men in church (if I wasn't married or had kids :P). I guess it's a good thing a sinner like me doesn't go to church, huh? LMAO!
Hope you feel better soon. Having someone violate your stuff is almost as bad as them violating you. Don't feel bad about feeling bad. You are totally entitled.
Hot men at church?! Crickey, I may have to convert and become a church goer now. ;) (Yes, like Marcy, I know I'm already destined for hell...)
None of you are going to Hell! Not for not going to church anyway ;) Or checking out dudes at church, too...because you know they're checking YOU out!
Peace, love, and french fries!
The real question is...do people even steal hub caps anymore? That seems so 1980's to me.
My sister says she saw someone rolling a few down the street on the East side of Cleveland. But those were probably "rims" and expensive ones at that.
I own a Suzuki Forenza. Mine are probably made of tin foil.
Funny post! Something about holy men make them that much hotter....
Absolutely...I agree 100%
So much for the bad boys!
Post a Comment