Yes, that's right, I've been putting it off since February. I know, I'm a bad person. Stop judging me, gosh! I just...ran out of time or couldn't put it on *this* credit card billing cycle or didn't want to get them too close to a race. Blah blah blah. Excuses, I know, and shoes are the most important thing we purchase as runners. Trust me, I'm as embarrassed as you think I am.
In addition to all of this, I decide that I needed to be re-fitted for my running shoes. Basically, when I started running about 3 years ago, I went to my first shoe fitting at the Piper's Alley Fleet Feet Chicago. I had never been fitted for running shoes and noticed the difference right away. Running doesn't hurt!!! And it was all because I was wearing the right shoes for me.
So flash forward three years and I'm a slightly more experienced running who's about 15 pounds lighter than when she first started running. I felt that it might be a good time to be fitted for running shoes again. I've been using the Mizuno Wave Renegade since that first fitting. the MWR's are motion control/stability shoes, which are generally designed for over-pronantors who are a lil heavier. Lately, I've been feeling like perhaps they are now a little too firm for my feet. Because my knees have been hurting. I'm sure part of this is because the shoes are old, but still, I felt now was the time to see for sure.
Fleet Feet Guy measured my feet, and *gasp* said I should probably be wearing a 10.5 instead of a 10. This might help alleviate the nasty blister-like thing on my right big toe. Also, duh, my heels are narrow and my forefoot is pretty wide, and I should really be aware of that and foot swelling during marathon training. Boo. I've always wanted cute, tiny feet. Fleet Feet guy also recorded me running on the treadmill, from which he determined that I didn't need as much motion control as I thought. There were still pronation, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I'd probably just need a stability shoe. He then brought out three pairs of shoes, and to make an already too-long story short, I went with the Nike Zoom Structure Triax 11.

It was love at first run.
I'm going to start breaking them in now, but won't start using them for long runs until next week, when we're back down to only 10 miles (what? only 10? yep :-) ).
Oh and since the show's over, I got a hair cut, too.

Well...I got them all cut, I guess!
4 comments:
Congrats on the new shoes. Sorry that you had to get bigger boats. Zing!
Okay, okay...if no one else is going to say it, I will: Did you get your ears lowered?
Ooooooooo very nice kicks. Nikes are the shiz!
Lovin the do too. Fabulous!
Haircut looks really cute - I like it :)
Post a Comment