Number of gnats in my eyeballs on this morning's run: 3
So far, the gnats seem to be winning. I completely forget about them until I hit the path and those little fuckers are in my FACE. They will not, however, stop me from my quest to remain faster than that bitch who beat me to the trail again today.
Don't worry, I passed her. Twice!
But enough about her, let's talk about me! This morning's run was scheduled to be a 30 minute easy run. Just something to keep my legs moving in preparation for Sunday's CDC. So, instead of trying my hardest to increase my average pace (it'd be so cool to run under a 10 minute mile all of the time!), I reined it in and kept the pace between 10:00 and 10:30. Not sure if the multiples of Jamesons and Magners from last night had anything to do with this, but I got a horrible side cramp on my way home. Bad enough to stop me, in fact. Usually, if I slow my pace and put pressure on my side, I can run through it. Not this time though...ouch! I was forced to pull over in between Recreation and Irving Park to stretch. It did give me an opportunity to take a look at everything around me. Chicago is so beautiful right now...the clouds were like big, blue cotton balls, the sky was still darkish, and you could see the sun rising behind Lake Mich. I wish I would have brought my camera with me! It was truly an impressive sight.

Note: I didn't take this picture, but it's the closest approximation of what I saw this morning. Amazing!
Who's jazzed about the Olympics!? I wish I didn't have a show tonight so I could stay home and watch the opening ceremonies. Seriously, when the Olympics roll around, I am all over that shit. ALL over it! My training improves, although I end up spending more time in front of the television. Ironic, right? In fact, it was the 2004 Olympics where I really started making positive changes in my life regarding eating habits, food choices, and fitness. I'm 40+ lbs. lighter because of that summer.
Should be interesting, me thinks...
3 comments:
We're going ot have to get you one of those bee keeper hats if those gnats don't knock it off LOL
How about that, another Shakespeare reference though yours is much cooler containing a quote and all.
Remember, gnats are at the top of the food pyramid. You won't be needing as many servings of those as you're currently getting.
Nice weblog and the Chicago marathon is one of the marathons to do!!!.
Groet Rinus from Holland.
http://rinusrunning.punt.nl/?home=1
Post a Comment