Saturday, August 30, 2008

Small Miracles

I must thank God for today's run, because even though it was only 10 miles, I needed it to go well. I needed it to go well so that next Saturday's 18 miler can stand a chance of going along smoothly. By the grace of God, it did go fairly well. Even though the humidity was high, the temperature itself was considerably lower than last week. The miles seemed to fly by, and before you knew it, we were at the turnaround at Foster. Some people were even feeling good enough to speed up for the last mile. I don't usually do this because, well, it's really not the point of long runs. I'll push during the week, thanks! However, whatever floats your New Balances...

We've also got the Nike Human Race tomorrow evening! I'm glad it doesn't start until 6:30 PM...I don't think I'd be able to get up early on Sunday (because I'm uh...."carb-loading" this evening. yes.) in any case. I think it'll be so great to see every runner in red race shirts tomorrow. Don't worry, I promise I'll take as many pictures as I can! I want to be able to submit a picture of my copy of the Nike Human Race Book. It sounds so cool...a big picture book of all the cities participating in the race! I'm not planning on pushing this race. It'll basically be just another opportunity to practice race day strategies.

And of course, an opportunity to see Fall Out Boy! Have a lovely Labor Day weekend everyone!

No comments: