I would love love LOVE to talk about the Olympics, but there are no words. Only screams of delight, punctuated by five fingers of Jamesons (on the rocks). We watched the Phelps Phenom in the bar after the show last night, and the entire population of Poitin Stil was screaming and pounding the bar for him. Awesome!
Find Your Happy Pace
The eight miler on Saturday couldn't have gone better. Minimal stopping, steady pace, good weather, and good company all combined to make an enjoyable long run. I even felt good enough to bump the run up to a 10 minute pace for the last mile. Good times, my friends. Next weekend is 16 miles. I hope that the weather is good, or at least interesting. I wouldn't mind another down pour, so long as there's no thunder or lightening. And now that Shakespeare class is over, I can join my ladies for Wednesday night runs too. And you know what that means...beer afterwards! Yay!
The Show Must...
We closed Margaret Fleming today, and it went really well! Everyone had a good show, and strike was fairly speedy and painless. I wish we all could have gone out and had a few drinks together, but those of us in the company had to have a meeting to final a selection for our 4th show. I'm sad that it's over, but glad that I'll have some free time again, especially because the marathon training will be stepped up now. I'm not sure if I'll audition for anything soon, because most theatres having auditions now have show dates that start exactly when the Chicago marathon is happening, and I need that week, or at least the day before and after, to be completely free and clear.
I hope all of you had a lovely weekend.
1 comment:
Awesome job with that 8! Sounds like a great run.
Post a Comment