Sunday, August 3, 2008

So Tired & Can't Sleep

I've got a weekend recap for you, and the weekend isn't even over yet! Amazing!

Saturday

I was not excited to get up for my 6 miler after all. Friday night, my parents came to see my show and we went out for some food and a drink after that. We basically didn't get back to my apartment until after midnight. When you're getting up at 4:45 AM, that's not a lot of sleep. But, I still went on the run and it ended up being a good one. The Penguin was even there for moral support! The stretch of the path from the North Ave. beach house to the Ohio street beach was freakishly hot and humid, but as soon as we passed the Lakepoint Tower and Navy Pier, the weather became beautiful! We turned around at Monroe Street. A nice run, perfectly on pace for the cutback prior to the CDC.

After that, I capitalized on my parent's generosity (ok ok so I felt a bit bad about that one, but seriously, I'm broke) and we went shopping for apartment stuff and groceries. Good times. It was a bit of a race against time to assemble said apartment items, and then I couldn't keep my eyes open at mass, but we had fun. I had to leave for the show after that. I was supposed to go to a fundraiser for my former mentor, but was so completely knackered and emotionally drained after the show, that I decided to call it a night and get some sleep.

Okay well the other reason is that not only would Enamored man be there, but so would BP, and JF. And that would be awkward. Oh. So. Awkward. I feel slightly...slutty. Teeny overreaction, I know, but still...I figured it'd be for the best to avoid a situation where there would be 1 guy I kinda really like but who wants to be friends for now and 2 guys I've hooked up with. Don't judge.

Sunday
I slept in today and I must say, it was wonderful. I just finished lunch and will be heading out to do the show in a few minutes. Also, Enamored man hunted me down for dinner tonight. Seeing as I'm not writing people off, I told him I'd go but couldn't stay long because I've got monologues to work on and more sleeping to do. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

What? The more men in your life the better ;-) You'll never be bored, I say! Did I say that out loud? :P