Number of Gnats swallowed/inhaled: 2
Number of Gnats in eyes/hair/shirt/sports bra: Lost track after 13
It was sick. There were some points where the gnat cloud was so thick that it felt like I was running through a hail storm!!! I'm seriously considering in buying a pair of sunglasses to run in, just so they deflect some of the gnats! Of course, this doesn't solve the problem of me inhaling and/or swallowing them. Face mask, à la the USA cycling team? Perhaps...

My run went pretty well this morning, although you can tell the summer is coming to a close. I was just getting used to it being light outside when I stepped out my door at 5:15 AM to run. Now we've got that pre-dawn dark sky, which I actually think is beautiful and exciting, save for the fact that it heralds more darkness yet to come. Anyway, my scheduled run was a 40 minute easy run. My left quad is still a little sore, but it's getting better. I just need to be more vigilant with the stretching. My speed work is beginning to pay off, I think. Even with me trying to take it nice and easy today, I was maintaining about a 10:00 pace. There's no way I could have sustained that two years ago when I started running! True, it's a long way off my goal of being able to maintain a 9:00 for a full marathon, but I'm getting there, slowly.
And this is the last week of my show, so if you live in Chicago and haven't seen it, I'd recommend you do so soon-ish! Thursday night is pay-what-you-can! And I'm done pimping my show :)
2 comments:
Well, I do hear that it can be good to get a little protein in during your run, so just consider those gnats as fuel?
Be careful with the face mask. The cops might think you're a robber or a rowdy anarchist.
Best wishes on your remaining show dates.
Post a Comment