Monday, August 11, 2008

More Pictures, and thoughts on sore quads

So here are some more pictures from the CDC on Sunday. I fell asleep so I didn't post the rest of them. What? I'm tired!



Kelly, Robin, and Catherine relax in the grass by the CES tent after the race


Kelly and Jennifer after the race


The ladies --plus me--gather post race and pre breakfast

So today, my quads were fairly sore. Therefore, I opted to take the whole day off. I'm pretty sure it has more to do with running on cement as opposed to my actual leg strength. My upper respiratory system usually gives out before my legs do. I'm hoping they will be less sore tomorrow. I've got cross training scheduled for the AM (probably the NYC Ballet workout again) and then a 40 minute run scheduled for the evening. I think I'm going to make that run a progression run instead of doing hill work as I originally intended. I want my quads back to 100% happy before I throw my hard speed work back into the mix. I've got a 5K scheduled for three weeks out (or whenever the 31st of August is...I don't have a calendar in front of me). And then I'm doing the Chicago Half Marathon on September 14th. We have a 10 mile training run scheduled that weekend, so I figured I'd rather have one more try at a distance race before the marathon in October. The reason is, I really want to practice more with fluids and shot blocks during an actual race. Ever since my stomach issues in Dublin, and my post-Ecuador stomach issues, I've been nervous about what will happen during the race. As I mentioned yesterday, my stomach started to give me problems around miles 11 and 12 of the CDC. It got to a point where I thought I'd have to stop to use the bathroom. Luckily, I didn't, but I want to make sure that nothing like that happens during the marathon.

1 comment:

Frayed Laces said...

Wow! Just read your race report. Way to go girl! I have douchebag neighbors too, and since I live in Hawaii sans air conditioning I HAVE to sleep with the windows open. I wish I could find a clever way to passive agressively get revenge. Any ideas?