Ahhh Shakespeare...such a way with words, right? Last night was the final Intermediate monologue class with Susan and Jeffrey. All in all, it went pretty well! I think everyone in the class had tough monologues, but we all made big strides (which is convenient, since I'm a runner), new discoveries, and tons of personal growth. Plus, last night was a Jeffrey-only night, since Susan was in rehearsal for The U.N. Inspector. We chatted about the business for a while, and grad schools, and life as an actor in general. Very informative, I must say. It's such a gift to be able to learn from someone like Jeffrey. He's extraordinary. And he's extremely attractive, so that's a plus. Afterwards, we went to T's in Andersonville for some drinks.
I know what you're thinking, a few drinks for me is like a weeks worth for you (excluding Viper, of course). However, in the interests of being able to get up for my cross training session, I had only two Jamesons. True, I had two glasses of wine before class, but that was hours ago. It was like I'd had nothing at all!
My stretchy bands cross training went pretty well this morning too. It really was an ode to Nitmos and Viper, I'll admit it. Tried to work in a core workout as well, so I feel like I got something done. The trouble is, unless I'm running anymore, I don't feel like I'm really and truly working out. It's like the calories will catch up to me if I'm not running as much as possible. Still, trying to not over train...I didn't spend $100 on registration for the Chicago Marathon only to NOT be able to do because I was injured. In any case, I look forward to Friday's run!
1 comment:
Stretchy bands are wonderful. And don't overtrain. the ole sayin foes somethin' like 'it's better to be a bit undertrained than a bit overtrained.'
Post a Comment