Friday, August 1, 2008

Babies, Dead Girls, and Ribbons

These are not items that I saw on my run this morning. They are, however, things you will see/hear about in my show. Anyone up for a little Victorian melodrama? Aren't I the good company member, continually pimping my show. I have indeed learned my lesson, and if there are other reviews out, I have not heard about them nor do I intend to ever hear about them. The end.

This morning I was unsure if I'd have the energy to get out of bed for my run. After the show ended last night, a few of us went to Poitin Stil to get a couple of drinks. I actually didn't stay that long...I was home around 11 PM. But see, here's the thing with drinking, weight-loss, and early mornings...you get buzzed a whole lot faster than you anticipate. So in my buzzed state, I decided that 11:30 would be a good time to clean my bathroom. And then, you know, eat some left-over brown rice. Well then I couldn't possibly go to sleep before watching the latest episode of My Boys, which of course, would not be re-airing until 12:30 AM.

At some point, I passed ou--err--fell asleep on my couch, missed the episode of My Boys, and then woke up and moved into my own wonderful bed. And a few hours later, I managed to stumble out of bed and go for a run at 5 AM. Most excellent. Sure, I could have used those lost hours of sleep, but hey, at least my bathroom's clean! Anyway, the run was alright...I managed to inhale a gnat once I hit the turn around, which had me hacking for the next 1.5 miles. Bastard.

I'm looking forward to running six miles tomorrow morning. God bless cutback weeks!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO! Cleaning your bathroom after some drinkys?!? I don't know about you ;-)