When I got home from work yesterday, my roomie was making cupcakes. If you recall from yesterday's post, I mentioned cupcakes. God is always listening and that's a little terrifying. For the record, her cupcakes are amazing.
In non-news, my adventures in the NYC Ballet Workout have been going well. I think this was a good idea for cross-training. My flexibility is slowly coming back to me, which must be exciting for all of you out there. Whatever makes me ache just a little less and feel just a little stronger is fine by me. Unfortunately, my workout got a late start due to the appearance of Scutigera coleoptrata. Words were exchanged, poison was sought, and large amounts of paper towels were wasted. I'm sure he has friends hiding elsewhere. Bastard.
In an effort to maintain/secretly lose maybe another pound or so, I'm keeping track of food stuffs that I eat. Not very diligent, but you know, just to keep an eye on things. That's how I roll. And really, I haven't been sacrificing much at all. When I was at the Jewel on Saturday, credit card in hand, I walked up and down the aisles and stopped and stared at many a box of cookies. And just didn't want them. I mostly just wanted to eat the things that will fuel my runs, aid in my recovery, and not make me feel like poo. I enjoy not feeling like poo!
So today's menu has thus far included:
Breakfast: Cup of tea and scrambled eggs (2) with spinach, carrots, cheese, and salsa. This was actually good! I haven't had eggs in a while, for no reason in particular, and had purchased some (the omega-3 vegetarian fed kind, not that I really care...they were on sale) to make the Deena Kastor scones. Now, I gots ta use them up!
Snack: Banana and raisins
Lunch: Here's where my kitchen magic wore off. I made a wrap this morning with vegetarian refried beans, organic guacamole, spinach, carrots, cheese, and salsa. I like all of these items, and I made it about 3/4 of the way through the wrap and then decided to chuck it. Oh well, better luck next time, I suppose.
Snack: Scone! Organic Applesauce! Huzzah!
Dinner: The possibilities are endless...it might, however, be a spinach salad. I just don't like wasting things, and when you buy one of those bags of spinach, and you're the only person that eats it, you have to eat it like EVERYDAY!!! Of course, what I eat for dinner tonight affects how I'll feel in the AM for my run and what my lunch will be. It's a big decision, I know, so light some candles for me.
The weather is so great out right now, that I really want to go on a nice tempo run this evening. I'm sure it'll be crowded on the Path, but I think tonight could be a good run. I was thinking about doing some hill work, but since we're doing a tempo run tomorrow and this is a cutback week, I don't want to push it too much. Speaking of tomorrow, the girls and I are going to Adobo after our run for margaritas and guacamole! Apparently, Adobo has the best guacamole in the city. I'm not guacamole connoisseur, but I do like the stuff, so we shall see. My bigger concern with dinner is having the appropriate funds. I'm a bit low on cash these days. Alas.
4 comments:
If you blend the spinach into a smoothie, you can get rid of a lot of it very quickly! :)
Really? Spinach in a smoothie? Be honest with me...I have an extremely sensitive gag reflex. This could end badly.
This weekend, for my mom, I made a smoothie with:
-2 cups kale
-1 tbsp peanut butter
-1/4 cup coconut milk
-1 banana
A warning to make sure you either use cold ingredients or you chill it before drinking - it wasn't very good at room temp. However, my mom thought it was delicious once cold! I think you could definitely sub spinach.
Alrighty! I think I'll try and give it a shot...maybe for after my 18 miler on Saturday. Thanks!
Post a Comment