Monday, August 25, 2008

A Muffin is a Bald Cupcake

...I listen to Jim Gaffigan waaay too much for my own good.

So. Here I am at work on Monday, wishing I was home running. I feel like that's good, though. Good that I don't want to chuck it all and resume a life of eating mass quantities of cookie dough whilst partaking in no physical activity whatever, after Saturday's disastrous long run.

My body's a little busted today as a result of Saturday's "character building run." Right calf is tight/sore, left quad is a little strained, and we can go for a trifecta with my sunburn. Therefore, I decided that this morning's run would be of the easy variety. As I started running, I started to change my mind...maybe I would take it easy for the first half, see how I was feeling, and if I was feeling good then I would attempt to transform the easy run to a negative splitter. Just like magic! So, I stayed on pace and felt that I was indeed feeling better, so I bumped up the pace ever so slightly, and finished one minute ahead of schedule. I'm still a little sore now, but was planning on skipping tonight's run anyway. We've got a Blackbird meeting at 7 PM, so I'd have to run and eat really fast. Too bad...the weather is just wonderful today!

2 comments:

runner26 said...

i love jim gaffigan! hot pockets ;)

Nitmos said...

I love how Gaffigan has - probably inadvertently - linked his name to Hot Pockets for all eternity.