
I can safely say that I was so very glad to have gotten my morning run and evening run in before the severe weather hit. A tornado touched down in Elmhurst, I kid you not. Ah the ever-changing Chi-town weather.
Bananaho, yesterday evening's pre-rain run went fairly well. I went out without my iPod, so as to work on my monologue for my class, thus killing two birds with one rather large stone. You see, correctly executing a Shakespearean monologue requires a lot of breathing, breath control, and rhythm. It's a little hard to not breathe when you run. I tend to hold my breath a lot, so running and talking really forces me to pay attention to when and how I breathe. Perfect for Shakespeare!
There was a great deal of man-candy on the path last night as well, which I think is always a good thing. Distractions are God's way of telling us to take it easy. Yes, I made that up. No, it's not copyrighted, so you can put it in your blog too. Thank me later.

Joanie Garmin is now getting along very well with me, as long as I make sure the satellite thingy is synced up before I start. She only cuts out when we're going under tunnels and such. Sunday's CDC will be her official test. As far as I know, we're mostly following the Soldier Field 10 miler path (much to a lot of people's anger), so there aren't any large building or tunnels to block the satellite's path.
In order to avert disaster, I'm trying to play this weekend as cautiously as possible. Example - there will be no frolicking with the cast on Friday or Saturday night. ESPECIALLY not Saturday night. As soon as Saturday's show is over, I'm getting my ass home as quickly as possible and jumping into bed, post-haste. Myself, Kristen, and a few others are carpooling it to the race so we can park at Leslee's (yay for permit only parking!) and then walk the 4 blocks to the race start. A few of us are running together again, which I think I'll need this time...because, you know, I've been psyching myself out with fears or passing out on the course à la Palos Heights Half-marathon back in May. I don't need that right now, thanks. I hope to see Lou there as well, because she's super.
Sunday will be a double-whammy because I had a show to do that day as well. Nice, right? So my plan is to run as well as I can, eat breakfast at Leslee's place, drive home, shower, take a nap, and do the show. The race starts at 6:30 AM, so that should give me plenty of time to have a decent recovery meal and then a recovery nap before doing the show. I will, officially, be shot after that. Me thinks a few drinks may be in order.
2 comments:
Yikes!! Sunday sounds cra-zay! Grab that coffee and break out the foam rollers LOL
Wow, those are beautiful pictures!!! And again, I love the idea of monologue + running :)
Post a Comment